Thursday, May 4, 2017

For every 1,000 people killed by police, only one is convicted of a crime

This week I read a book called "All American Boys" by Brendan Kiely. This is a fiction book about police brutality that tells the story of Rashad a black high schooler who gets beaten up by the police after being judged a thief. The story is told through the point of view of Quinn, white kid who witnessed the brutality who was a friend of the cop, and Rashad.

I liked this book because it showed how the victims of the police brutality feel but also how the police feel. I loved how in the book Rashad is a very normal guy and his point of view is easy to understand. One of my favorite things about the book was the reactions his classmates had to his story. They fought for him and supported him  and ended up protesting instead of ignoring the problem. I would really recommend this book to those who want to read about real things.

No comments:

Post a Comment